Friday 26 June 2015

Review of "Dark Places"



If you've read my review of Gone Girl (here), you will know tat I've fallen a little bit in love with Gillian Flynn's writing, As soon as I finished Gone Girl I immediately downloaded this to my kindle. Although in the end I didn't like it quite as much as Gone Girl, I found the entire plot utterly alluring. I needed to know what happened that night, and why Libby survived the massacre which saw the end of the rest of her family. This was a book that I managed to whip through in a couple of days, and ended up making my boyfriend a tad irate with me on our holiday because I was simply so engrossed in it that I didn't want to do anything else! Finally, after I read it, I discovered that the film is currently in the process of being made, and so I cannot wait for that to come out!


Libby Day needs money, and fast, Having lived off of her survivor's fund since that night when she was seven, 30-something year-old Libby needs a new income. And when she's contacted by a member of a "Kill Club" who's offering her money in return for information about her family and mementos from them that she's kept, she sees a way out of her troubles.

On the night in question, Libby's mother and two sisters were brutally murdered, and her brother Ben has been in jail ever since for the crime. Libby's declaration of his guilt put him there. But when she meets the Day fanatics at the Kill Club, she realises that not everybody thinks that Ben is guilty, and the very people she's relying upon to secure her income want er to question everything she's ever believed in ...


Have you read it? What did you think?

Steph x



No comments:

Post a Comment